Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Between Christmas and New Year's -- last trip of the year

For our last camping trip of the year, I tried a new Thousand Trails parkI hadn't been to before, Russian River Resort in Cloverdale, CA.  This resort doesn't have sewer hook ups but there are hot showers in each of the four bathroom buildings.  I really enjoyed my long hot showers when it was close to freezing temperatures outside.

I can imagine that the river is a really booming place in the summer.  They rent water toys for people to enjoy when the weather is hot.  I was a little concerned that some of the permanent sites looked seedy but there were no issues at all while I was there and it was very quiet.  As usual, in my TT experiences, we saw or head very few people regardless of time of day.

I saw at least 3 spots where I would not have a view of someone else right outside my dining room window and where we wouldn't have people on all 4 sides of us.  We picked #26 but there were several others that were just as nice, including #16 and #79.  The foot trails weren't as long as I'd hoped but we still got in quite a good bit of walking.

On our first morning, we saw a whole covey of quail with the babies and everything.  On our third day, we came across deer on the trail, a mother and two fawns.

I'm pretty sure I won't be back to this resort as it's a 2 1/2 hour drive for me and I don't plan on spending any time in Northern CA after I retire but I'm glad I checked it out.  The people that are there seemed to get a lot out of it.

On our way home, we stopped at a nature preserve to take a short walk, Deer Island
Preserve.



















   

No comments:

Post a Comment